Thursday, March 1, 2012

One Degree from Breitbart - An Arthur Sando Moment

Arthur
This day, after Andrew Breitbart's untimely collapse and death in Brentwood, I am remembering Arthur Sando - a hot-shot PR executive at Superstation TBS when I met and worked with him between 1986-1989 to promote National Geographic EXPLORER in the prime 8-10pm Sunday TBS timeslot.

Sando connected with Breitbart less than 24 hours ago, last night at The Brentwood in L.A.  Here's a nice account of their very brief acquaintance and conversation.

I thought of Sando as a bit of a Koren character in a suit and, back in the 80's during our collaboration, when Ohio band Royal Crescent Mob put out its album Omerta (Get On The Bus, Blow One Off, etc.), I fixated on the coda to the cut "Mob's Revenge," in which a voice behind the groove pronounces, like Wolfman Jack naming a song dedication, "This is for Upper Sandusky"  I always, always sang along "This is for Arthur Sando!"

Andrew
R.I.P. , Andy.  Thank You.

No comments: