Friday, September 10, 2010

Goldie Hawn: Still Got It


She got the window table, but as I herded the family in to grab a bite of lunch on west 56th in NYC, my party was seated across the small room from exquisite Goldie Hawn.

Even refracted through a 2006 lens, the Laugh In-era bodypaint and pealing giggle... those Bird on a Wire-era legs... I had to steady myself.  In excitement I discreetly directed the kids' attention to Goldie Hawn.  Four blank stares.  She was on Laugh In!: (nothing). Starred in There's A Girl In My Soup!: (more of the same).  She's Kate Hudson's mother!!:  "OMiGoDDD! OMiGoDDD!!" - finally, a reaction registers.

Ever since Cameron Crowe's lovely Almost Famous and that great August 2001 InStyle magazine cover, Kate Hudson has ceased to be "Goldie Hawn's daughter" and Goldie is now "Kate Hudson's mom."  But I'm still an old school Goldie fan. Sock It To Me!

LAUGH-IN Reunion: 1983 People article with nice shot of Goldie, references Dick Martin Malibu Beach meet up

No comments: