Saturday, March 5, 2011

Rangel Redux: A Jive Turkey Gets Trussed

I'm afraid that my friend Charley Rangel is again popping up in the news as a shameless opportunist and sanctimonious, scenery-chewing blowhard, one who should be censured in Congress, found in contempt in a court of law, disbarred in NY, and jailed.

The current contemptible behavior is described here, and my acquaintance with Charley here.

Sadder is the fact that the student mentioned in today's news - who departed boarding school last spring and clearly has been on a rapid, downward spiral - is someone I've met and for whose future I despair.  She and my daughter were classmates and teammates on a girls' basketball team, and it is always a tragedy when one so young has her life wrecked; in this case (it appears) by her own choices.

Afrika, Charley Rangel will NOT be your salvation but rather the vulture who picks at your flesh for his own sustenance.

No comments: